About Me

My photo
New York, United States
Young at heart wife, Mommy (Yes my young adults still call me that!)Administrative Assistant, Outlander fanatic and shoe lover!!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Let me Introduce myself...

Let me introduce myself.....My name is Fiona and I live on the outskirts of New York City...the "burbs". I love living in the state of New York. I moved here almost 24 years ago after meeting my husband in Scotland. Our story is an interesting one...one I will go into more detail at a later date!! Sufice to say our actual face-to-face dating time maybe totaled 6 weeks before we decided to get married. Our romance blossomed through letters (no, there was no internet available back then!!) and numerous, long expensive phone calls. I arrived in the US in October of 1987 bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready to take on my new roll as wife. Unfortunately because of certain circumstances I was unable to work for a full 6 months after I arrived here so my life became a cycle of eating, sleeping and an overwhelming home sickness. I missed my family and friends terribly. I also deceided to quit smoking and come of the pill ...well neadless to say it was the perfect trifecta...I gained 70lbs. My strugghle with weight has consumed me for almost all of my married life. I have peaks and valleys but mostly valleys. But that being said my husband still thinks I am gorgeous no matter what weight I am!! This is just the beginning of my blogging journey and as I progress I will go into more details about my joys and struggles. Stay tuned...things are about to get really interesting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment